airflow-dev mailing list archives

From James Meickle <jmeic...@quantopian.com.INVALID>
Subject [2.0 spring cleaning] Get SLA improvements merged
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 15:11:52 GMT
I would really love to get the SLA improvements I'd been working on into
Airflow core: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/3584

The intended improvements, which have backwards compat for basic SLA usage
but not for users with custom callbacks, are:

- Extend the current "expected to finish by" SLA with two new types,
"expected to start by" and "expected to last".
- Create a framework for adding new kinds of SLA misses (such as "too many
retries used", or even SLA misses specific to particular operators)
- Bring SLA miss callbacks in line with task callbacks, rather than having
them be DAG-level callbacks with a completely different signature.
- Allow overriding SLA miss emails as a callback (right now they're
hardcoded)
- Improve the formatting and information in default SLA miss emails

I'm willing to do another rebase on this, but my issue is that I'm only
working on this during work hours, and have to balance it with my other
projects. If I can find someone to partner with who is more familiar with
the review/testing/merge process, and who can commit to a regular check-in,
then I can more easily reserve time at work to finish adding this feature.