airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Korakidis <c.koraki...@gmail.com>
Subject Airflow end-to-end testing
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 12:36:53 GMT
Hi,

Asimina is looking for an open source project to contribute to as an
automation tester.

My colleague Kaxil Naik contributes to airflow and I was told you don't
have any automation testing in place yet.

I think that would be a good opportunity for both sides to setup an
automation testing project for airflow.

Asimina is familiar with Java and Selenium and she would be able to setup
an automation testing project for airflow. That would be a separate
project, so as to keep the airflow clean. The Java code will be simple,
mainly using the Selenium API. I can help with reviewing and code quality
concerns if needed.
Tech stack will be Maven, Selenium, Cucumber. You can get an idea of how it
will look like if you take a look at a POC:
https://github.com/AsiminaAth/cwjobsit
You'll find both JUnit and Cucumber approaches there, just Cucumber would
be OK for end-to-end testing.

Main things Asimina will need are:
Having the project setup and granting her access to the project
Having the project added to some CI server
Having support in terms of priorities regarding the scenarios and features
to be tested.

Please let me know what are your thoughts.
Regards,
Chris

--
Christakis Korakidis