airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bas Harenslak <basharens...@godatadriven.com>
Subject Re: New job: I'm joining Astronomer.io to work on Airflow
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2019 18:43:23 GMT
Congratulations with the new job!

Seems you’re already spending lots of time outside working hours on Airflow so looking forward
to the future!

Bas

On 18 Apr 2019, at 20:37, Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org<mailto:ash@apache.org>>
wrote:

Hi everyone!

I've hinted at this to a few people in Slack, and it's now official. I'm super excited to
be able to say that I've joined Astronomer as a full time employee, and a good portion of
my time will be still be devoted to working on the core Airflow project itself!

Hopefully the amount of time I was able to spend on 1.10.3 will give everyone an idea of how
serious the folks at Astronomer are about giving back to the Airflow project.

Being able to work almost full time on Airflow opens me up to spend more time on some of the
more "strategic" jobs that we all know are sorely lacking right now:

- Creating a Road map for Airflow 2.0 and beyond (thank you James M for the kick!)
- Triaging Jira issues - trying to both prune down the backlog and try to tag up some issues
with "beginner-friendly" etc.

I will of course work with everyone in the community to build the roadmap :)

I don't want to overwhelm the list with an essay, so I'll write up more about what I'm planning
in a blog post, and I discuss it in a bit more detail on the Airflow Podcast https://soundcloud.com/the-airflow-podcast
out next week. (Also: If you want to be a guest on there and talk about Airflow get in touch!)

(Oh, though I am on vacation in May, so don't be surprised if I disappear for a bit)

Cheers,
Ash