airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Kamil Breguła <kamil.breg...@polidea.com>
Subject Re: API Reference - current confusion and improvement plan
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2019 20:22:00 GMT
I think that we should group operators by service (ex. Amazon Web Service:
Simple Cloud Storage). One module to one service. it will be much easier to
navigate through them. A similar problem occurs with the Google Cloud
Storage service, but we have a solution (PR:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/3000 ). A large part and future
operators, which are written in accordance with the recommendations (
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e8534d82be611ae7bcb21ba371546a4278aad117d5e50361fd8f14fe@%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E),
follow these rules.

The problem will be with operators that integrate two services at the same
time. I think that we can leave them in a separate module and link to this
class in the description of the module.

However, this is not a current problem. I just wanted to mark future
improvements, which is possible if we introduce the proposed solution.