airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Aizhamal Nurmamat kyzy <aizha...@google.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Moving to the ASF slack?
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2019 00:58:59 GMT
Hi Kaxil,

As Austin mentioned above, it is possible to create separate channels per
topic in the ASF. You can see in the first screenshot that I attached.

And yes, ASF slacks keep full history and ASF pays to have that feature.
However slack history is not used as platform for decision making. It more
for people to go check for tips / links / etc in old conversations.

Airflow seems not to keep a full history atm, see the second screenshot for
reference. Slack keeps the history up until 4 months and then it gets
deleted.

I'm not pushing for one or the other, but I think it's worth for the
community to consider the options : )

Thank you!
-A.