airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bas Harenslak <basharens...@godatadriven.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] AIP-3: Drop Python2 support in Airflow 2.0
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2019 19:25:58 GMT
Following the comments to warn users about dropping Python 2, I went ahead and added the deprecation
library to Airflow in this PR: https://github.com/apache/airflow/pull/4763, and added the
first @deprecated annotation.

I checked a few major packages and all use some self-made annotation for showing deprecation
warnings. I didn’t want to re-invent the wheel and used a tiny package for it. More details
are in the PR itself. If you know a better way to do this, let me know :-)

Bas

On 17 Feb 2019, at 09:00, Bas Harenslak <basharenslak@godatadriven.com<mailto:basharenslak@godatadriven.com>>