airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS]: Remove Mesos Executor from Airflow 2.0.0?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2019 11:46:55 GMT
Is anyone using the Mesos Executor? I think we should deprecate and remove it.

The reason I say that is I have a feeling it's been broken since 1.9.0 and no-one has noticed:

class MesosExecutor(BaseExecutor, LoginMixin):

    def start(self):
        # ...
        self.log.info(
            'MesosFramework master : %s, name : %s, cpu : %s, mem : %s, checkpoint : %s',
            master, framework.name,
            str(task_cpu), str(task_memory), str(framework.checkpoint)
        )

That mixin should have been LoggingMixin, not LoginMixin. But given this bug has been in since
https://github.com/apache/airflow/commit/a7a518902dcf1e7fd4bf477cf57cee691f181b29 which was
in the 1.9.0 release I propose we simply remove this executor from master.

Thoughts?

Ash