airflow-dev mailing list archives

From ramandumcs@gmail.com <ramandu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recommended backend metastore for Airflow
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2018 15:35:24 GMT
Thanks Ash,
We are trying to run 1000 concurrent Dags and are facing scalability issues with mysql. So
we are exploring other backend stores pgsql and mssql.
Any recommendation on airflow config like heartbeat interval, pool size etc..  to support
this much workload

Thanks,
Raman Gupta

On 2018/12/10 15:12:41, Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org> wrote:
> Postgres.
>
> Friends don't let friends use MySQL is my personal rule.
>
> (I can get in to the reasons if you'd like, but the short version is I find Postgres
has more compliant behaviour with SQL standard, and a much better query planner.)

> -ash
>
> > On 10 Dec 2018, at 15:10, ramandumcs@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > It seems that Airflow supports mysql, postgresql and mssql as backend store. Any
recommendation on using one over other. We are expecting to run 1000(s) of concurrent Dags
which would generate heavy load on backend store.