airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <w...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.10.1 Release?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2018 18:54:33 GMT

On 2018/10/28 00:09:05, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder how to treat this:
>
> This is what I think happens (need to verify more, but I am pretty sure) the specified
DAG should run every 5 minutes. At DST change (3AM -> 2AM)

FYI - In the US the DST change is 2AM -> 1AM. Yes, TZ is hard stuff.

 we basically hit a schedule that we have already seen. 2AM -> 3AM has already happened.
Obviously the intention is to run every 5 minutes. But what do we do with the execution_date?
Is this still idempotent? Should we indeed reschedule?

> B.
>
> > On 30 Oct 2018, at 19:01, Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > I've done a bit more digging - the issue is of our tz-aware handling inside following_schedule
(and previous schedule) - causing it to loop.

> > This section of the croniter docs seems relevant https://github.com/kiorky/croniter#about-dst
> >
> >    Be sure to init your croniter instance with a TZ aware datetime for this to work
!:

> > I think the problem is that we are _not_ passing a TZ aware dag in and we should
be.

> >> On 30 Oct 2018, at 17:35, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Oh that’s a great environment to start digging. Thanks. I’ll have a look.
> >>
> >> B.
> >>
> >> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

with system timezone of Europe/Zurich (or any other CEST one) run

process to parse the dag... and it never returns.

A quick hacky debug print shows something is stuck in an infinite loop.

to use html comments. I’m not sure how that renders with others like PDF though.
as licenses might change with versions.

reported that there might be an issue around non-UTC dags and the scheduler changing over
from Summer time.

a very strange issue : we have hourly DAGs with a start_date in a local timezone (not UTC)
and since (Sunday) the last winter time change they don’t run anymore. Any idea ?
a run at 3am (Europe/Paris), the exact time of winter time change :(

of that might slow down the vote for a 1.10.1? (i.e. did we sort of out all the licensing
issues that were asked of us? I thought I read something about license declarations in markdown
files?)

instead. We are again at the point that a release takes so much time that the gap is getting
really big again. @ash why not start releasing now and move the remainder to 1.10.2? I dont
think there are real blockers (although we might find them).

- this can fix the problem with it.

release? Master is speeding ahead and you were tracking fixes for 1.10.1 right?