airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Michel Goldstein <michel.goldst...@gmail.com>
Subject Error updating xcom value using the webserver tool
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2018 06:44:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm seeing an issue updating the xcom value using the "Admin" tool in the
webserver. I can read all values without a problem, but when I try to edit
or create a value it fails with:

Failed to create record. can't escape unicode to binary

I'm running Airflow 1.10.0, postgresql and have pickling enabled for our
values (because it's an instance that we migrated from 1.8 and all
xcom values were pickled).

Trying to follow through the stack trace (mostly from flask to sqlalchemy),
it seems like it never calls the "set" logic in models.py, which is the one
that transforms the data into binary. Is there some configuration that I'm
missing somewhere?

Thank you,
Michel