airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Apache Airflow graduation from the incubator
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2018 21:10:43 GMT
I agree that Apache Airflow should graduate.

I'm only involved since beginning of this year, but the project did two
releases during that time, once TLP releasing becomes easier :)

Regarding QU30 you may consider to use the ASF wide security mailing
list [3] and process [4].

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[3] https://www.apache.org/security/
[4] https://www.apache.org/security/committers.html

On 11/26/18 8:46 PM, Bolke de Bruin wrote:
> Ping!
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 24 Nov 2018, at 12:57, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> With the Apache Airflow community healthy and growing, I think now would be a good
time to
>> discuss where we stand regarding to graduation from the Incubator, and what requirements
remains.

>> Apache Airflow entered incubation around 2 years ago, since then, the Airflow community
learned
>> a lot about how to do things in Apache ways. Now we are a very helpful and engaged
community,
>> ready to help on all questions from the Airflow community. We delivered multiple
releases that have
>> been increasing in quality ever since, now we can do self-driving releases in good
cadence.

>> The community is growing, new committers and PPMC members keep joining. We addressed
almost all
>> the maturity issues stipulated by Apache Project Maturity Model [1]. So final requirements
remain, but
>> those just need a final nudge. Committers and contributors are invited to verify
the list and pick up the last
>> bits (QU30, CO50). Finally (yahoo!) all the License and IP issues we can see got
resolved.

>> Base on those, I believes it's time for us to graduate to TLP. [2] Any thoughts?

>> And welcome advice from Airflow Mentors?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Maturity+Evaluation
>> [2] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#graduating_to_a_top_level_project
Regards,