airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "EKC (Erik Cederstrand)" <...@novozymes.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: "setup.py test" is being naughty
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 11:44:52 GMT
The test suite is also trying to create /usr/local/bin/airflow, which means I can't run the
test suite on a machine that actually uses /usr/local/bin/airflow. And the default config
file doesn't find the MySQL server I set up locally. I'm trying the Docker-based test environment
now.

It seems the local test setup either needs polishing or should be discontinued.

Erik

________________________________
From: EKC (Erik Cederstrand)
Sent: Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:01:00 PM
To: dev@airflow.incubator.apache.org
Subject: "setup.py test" is being naughty

Hi all,

I wanted to contribute a simple patch, and as a good open source citizen I wanted to also
contribute a test. So I git clone from GitHub, create a virtualenv and run "setup.py test".
First experience is that my /etc/krb5.conf is overwritten, which means my account is locked
out of all systems here at work. I recovered from that, only to find out that ~/.ssh/id_rsa
and ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub were also overwritten. Now I'm not very amused.

Did I miss something in CONTRIBUTING.md?

Erik