airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.10.1 Release?
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2018 11:39:38 GMT
I was going to make a start on the release, but two people have reported that there might be
an issue around non-UTC dags and the scheduler changing over from Summer time.

> 08:45 Emmanuel> Hi there, we are currently experiencing a very strange issue : we
have hourly DAGs with a start_date in a local timezone (not UTC) and since (Sunday) the last
winter time change they don’t run anymore. Any idea ?
> 09:41 <Emmanuel> it impacted all our DAG that had a run at 3am (Europe/Paris),
the exact time of winter time change :(

I am going to take a look at this today and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Bolke: are there any outstanding tasks/issues that you know of that might slow down the vote
for a 1.10.1? (i.e. did we sort of out all the licensing issues that were asked of us? I thought
I read something about license declarations in markdown files?)

-ash

> On 28 Oct 2018, at 14:46, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I agree with that, but I would favor time based releases instead. We are again at the
point that a release takes so much time that the gap is getting really big again. @ash why
not start releasing now and move the remainder to 1.10.2? I dont think there are real blockers
(although we might find them).

>> On 28 Oct 2018, at 15:35, airflowuser <airflowuser@protonmail.com.INVALID>
wrote:

>> I was really hoping that https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/4069 will
be merged into 1.10.1
>> Deleting dags was a highly requested feature for 1.10 - this can fix the problem
with it.

ahead and you were tracking fixes for 1.10.1 right?