airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Solved: suppress PendingDeprecationWarning messages in airflow logs
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2018 22:00:54 GMT
What deprecation warnings are you getting? Are they from Airflow itself (i.e. things Airflow
is calling like flask_wtf, etc) or of your use of Airflow?

If it is the form could you check and see if someone has already reported a Jira issue so
we can fix them? https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%3DAIRFLOW

If it is the latter PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE THESE.

Deprecation warnings are how we, the Airflow community tell users that you need to make a
change to your DAG/code/config to upgrade things. If you silence these warnings you will have
a much harder time upgrading to new versions of Airflow (read: you might suddenly find that
things stop working because you turned of the warnings.)

-ash

> On 28 Sep 2018, at 22:52, Sean Carey <sean.carey@aurishealth.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I’ve been looking for a way to suppress the PendingDeprecationWarning messages cluttering
our airflow logs and I have a working solution which I thought I would share.

> In order to do this, you first need to configure airflow for custom logging using steps
1-4 here:

> https://airflow.readthedocs.io/en/stable/howto/write-logs.html#writing-logs-to-azure-blob-storage
>
> (note that although the document is for Azure remote logging you don’t actually need
azure for this)

> Next, modify the log_config.py script created in the step above as follows:
>

>  1.  Import logging
>  2.  Define the filter class:
>

> class DeprecationWarningFilter(logging.Filter):
>
>    def filter(self, record):
>
>        allow = 'DeprecationWarning' not in record.msg
>
>        return allow
>

>  1.  Add a “filters” section to the LOGGING_CONFIG beneath “formatters:
>

> 'filters': {
>
>        'noDepWarn': {
>
>            '()': DeprecationWarningFilter,
>
>        }
>
>    },
>

>  1.  For each of the handlers where you want to suppress the warnings (console, task,
processor, or any of the remote log handlers you may be using) add the following line to its
configuration: