airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Holden Karau <hol...@pigscanfly.ca>
Subject Jira issue updating adventures & dashboard (aka holdensmagicalunicorn)
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2018 17:52:47 GMT
So I _think_ I figured out why my latest attempt at updating JIRA issues
went off-the-rails, right now general user account don't have permission to
start progress on issues which they did not create in the airflow project
even if they are assigned to them.

For now the dashboard is up in a read-only state (and I've added a field
internally so it won't try and update progress on a linked JIRA from the
same PR more than once even if we do turn it back on), but if folks want
JIRA's to automatically transition to in-progress when they make a PR all
that's needed is making that generally available or making it available to
a designated account.

I was inspired to take a second look at this after the meetup in SF earlier
this week where folks were talking about the importance of tooling to help
the project scale/grow, but that doesn't have to mean this tooling for sure
:)

P.S.

If you want to play with the dashboard it's up at
https://airflow-pr-dashboard.appspot.com and I got the travis integration
working (I think).
Books (Learning Spark, High Performance Spark, etc.):
https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9  <https://amzn.to/2MaRAG9>
YouTube Live Streams: https://www.youtube.com/user/holdenkarau