airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Airflow: Apache Graduation
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2018 11:00:13 GMT
Your guess is as good as mine on what is involved in graduation. I think that we sorted the
Licensing issues in 1.10.0 (even if the way we sorted it was a little annoying - having to
specify the environment variable at `pip install` time is a littlle bit un-pythonic, but I
wasn't thinking of fixing that in 1.10.1)

Some of the steps and requirements are listed here graduating_to_a_top_level_project <https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html>,
but in summary from a quick read of it I think the process is:

- Collect some information, put it on http://incubator.apache.org/projects/airflow.html <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/airflow.html>
for the IPMC
- We as a community hold a vote on if we think we're ready to graduate
- IPMC vote on it too
- propose motion for (monthly) Apache board meeting

There might be a few more steps involves, such as drafting a Charter (we would probably start
with a "stock" Apache one)

-ash