airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Taylor Edmiston <tedmis...@gmail.com>
Subject Running unit tests against SLUGIFY_USES_TEXT_UNIDECODE and AIRFLOW_GPL_UNIDECODE (also is this broken?)
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2018 20:18:33 GMT
Since the release of 1.10, we now have the option to install Airflow with
either:

1. python-nvd3 <https://github.com/areski/python-nvd3> --> python-slugify
<https://github.com/un33k/python-slugify> --> text-unidecode
<https://github.com/kmike/text-unidecode/> (via env var
SLUGIFY_USES_TEXT_UNIDECODE=yes), or
2. python-nvd3 --> python-slugify --> unidecode
<https://github.com/avian2/unidecode> (via AIRFLOW_GPL_UNIDECODE=yes)

Currently on Travis CI we only test the former configuration.  Does anyone
have a recommendation on how to go about testing the latter?  Running an
entire second copy of the unit tests for one dependency feels a bit
redundant... maybe there's a small relevant subset of tests that could only
run for the alternative dependency config?

On a related note, I think this part of the install may be broken.

I've tried running a pip install under each config like so (using pyenv +
virtualenvwrapper):

Shell 1:

pyenv shell 3.6.5
mktmpenv
export SLUGIFY_USES_TEXT_UNIDECODE=yes
pip install apache-airflow
pip freeze > ~/a.txt

Shell 2:

pyenv shell 3.6.5
mktmpenv
export AIRFLOW_GPL_UNIDECODE=yes
pip install apache-airflow
pip freeze > ~/b.txt

Shell 3:

diff ~/a.txt ~/b.txt
(empty)

I would expect the former to have text-unidecode and the latter to have
Unidecode.  *Can someone else attempt to reproduce this behavior?*

Additionally, I'm also experiencing this same behavior when trying to
install the underlying python-slugify package similarly as well.  I've
opened an issue for that here -
https://github.com/un33k/python-slugify/issues/59.

Thank you,
Taylor