airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: We've migrated to Github to repo!
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2018 19:34:25 GMT
"Squash & Merge" (the default) does the right thing (squashes the multiple
commit and replays the resulting commit on top of master), we should use
that most of the times. We'd only want to merge if we wanted to preserve
history from within the PR (multiple collaborators or multiple important
commits that we want to keep detailed in master for instance).

I'm not sure how to verify whether the `master` branch is protected on this
setup (without pushing to it as a test, which I'd rather not do). We should
make sure that it is though as changing history on master can cause all
sorts of problems.

Max