airflow-dev mailing list archives

From 刘松(Brain++组) <liuson...@megvii.com>
Subject Re: About the difference between xcom and variable
Date Wed, 09 May 2018 10:39:48 GMT
So if without task_id(s), is it equal with variable ?

On 09/05/2018, 6:26 PM, "Beau Barker" <beauinmelbourne@gmail.com> wrote:

    You can still specify task_ids, it's optional.

    > On 9 May 2018, at 20:15, 刘松(Brain++组) <liusong02@megvii.com> wrote:
    >
    > Since that it might have multiple upstream tasks, so which task to specify? Or you
change the xcom syntax to be global?

    > On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 6:13 PM +0800, "刘松(Brain++组)" <liusong02@megvii.com<mailto:liusong02@megvii.com>>
wrote:

    > What is the magic to remove the task id ?
    >

    > On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 3:38 PM +0800, "Beau Barker" <beauinmelbourne@gmail.com<mailto:beauinmelbourne@gmail.com>>
wrote:

    > Use xcom for communication between tasks.
    >
    > In the upcoming version 1.10 there's no need to specify task_ids for xcom.
    >
    > You can simply say:
    > self.xcom_pull(context, key='name')
    >

    >> On 9 May 2018, at 17:22, Song Liu  wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> For the cross-task communication, there are two options:
    >> - xcom
    >> - variable
    >>
    >> if I have make sure the key of variable is global unique (such uuid), is there
any other limitations or cons for using variable instead of xcom ? since that xcom should
specify the task_id which is used not very convenient compared with variable.