airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Homan <jgho...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Migrate to Github as primary repo (a.k.a. Gitbox)
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2018 18:24:30 GMT
> +1 (binding)
>
> For future reference, is this vote for anyone on the mailing list, or for
> those with some kind of status in the project?

Matthew - yeah, binding votes are reserved for committers or PMC
members (depending on the vote).  Everyone in the community is
encouraged to vote, and those with binding votes are expected to pay
attention to those votes that aren't binding (ie, don't vote something
through that the larger community is angry about or has noticed
significant problems with), but in the end, it's the binding votes
that actually count.  Researching a question and voting is a form of
contribution to the project, so it's never wasted.  Brett has a good
slide on the general way this works:
https://www.slideshare.net/Hadoop_Summit/the-apache-way-80377908

-Jakob