airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving to Github? Re: Merging PRs, closing Jira tickets (a.k.a New Committer) guide?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2018 17:53:28 GMT
I would love to be able to close PRs on GitHub, but personally I’m quite ok with JIRA. GitHub
issues tend to get messy imho. I also like that it is clear from the subject of Pr what the
associated issues was, since we moved history became a lot cleaner and changelogs are now
easy to generate.

My 2cents

B.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

> Op 9 mrt. 2018 om 18:01 heeft Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash@firemirror.com> het volgende
geschreven:

> That sounds like it is at worth me at least coming up a proposal for us to vote on then..
>
> One thing that might help with the "target version" is multiple Github Projects[1]: --
that, or labels, are the only way for a github issue to be in "two" groups at the same time.

> I'll see what I can do, but make zero promises due to imminent baby-driven "sleep" schedule
;)

> [1]: https://help.github.com/articles/about-project-boards/
>

>> On 9 Mar 2018, at 16:10, Maxime Beauchemin <maximebeauchemin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We use Gitbox and no Jira for Apache Superset and are happy with it.
>>
>> One downside is around the current release management tooling for Airflow
>> has bindings with Jira and the "target version" field.
>>
>> Max
>>
>> On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 6:31 AM, Ash Berlin-Taylor <
>> ash_airflowlist@firemirror.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've done a bit of digging and there's an Apache "project" called
>>> gitbox[1] that, if we choose to go that way lets us use Github more
>>> "natively".
>>>
>>> The BookKeeper project migrated to using Github exclusively lsat Jun[2]
>>> and from the looks of their Github repo are still using this approach, and
>>> their Jira is read only. Their proposal on the migration was
>>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/BOOKKEEPER/
>>> BP-9+-+Github+issues+for+Issue+Tracking
>>>
>>> I think there are three ways we could go:
>>>
>>> 1. Nothing changes, we stay as we are and commit to the ASF git repo.
>>> 2. Move to Gitbox and commit directly to githb, keep issues in Jira.
>>> 3. Do as BookKeeper did and move to using Github Issues as well as Gitub
>>> for the repo.
>>>
>>> Is there interest from anyone else in 2 or 3, if so I will attempt to draw
>>> up a more detailed proposal.
>>>
>>> [1]: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/Znkiyqnxqzryecv
>>> [2]: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/bookkeeper-dev/201706.mbox/%
>>> 3CCAO2yDybRq2VUM1JYo_6VT_H8Ca7Lu8af6H-2CZKQzYT6xYGU-g%40mail.gmail.com%3E

>>> permission to do this? Having this permission would also let us click the
>>> "rerun tests" button in Travis which would be nice.

>>> possible?

>>> don't

>>> ash_airflowlist@firemirror.com>

>>> (though I