airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "Hamade, Marcel (GfK)" <Marcel.Ham...@gfk.com>
Subject RE: Airflow on Windows?
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 13:15:00 GMT
Hi Praveen,
We figured out a good way of running Airflow on Docker for Windows. The keyword is to use
docker-machine in combination with VirtualBox, not Hyper-V, all our other tries on Windows
10 failed at some point.

Best
Marcel

-----Original Message-----
From: Praveen [mailto:tgpraveen89@gmail.com]
Sent: Donnerstag, 1. März 2018 20:45
To: dev@airflow.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Airflow on Windows?

Hey Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I am trying to get Airfloe working on a Windows 8 and a Windows Server
2013 machine, so not sure if Docker would work. But thanks for the link I will check it out!

Best,
Praveen.
On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 6:33 AM Matthew Housley <matthew.housley@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Praveen,
>
> which version of Windows are you running? If you are on a recent
> version of Windows that supports Docker, running Airflow in containers
> might be your best option. Take a look at this project:
> https://github.com/puckel/docker-airflow
>
> best,
> Matt
>
> On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 11:56 AM Praveen <tgpraveen89@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am trying to figure out if Airflow does indeed work on Windows?
> > And if so, is there any guide to installing it on windows
> >
> > After some research on google and Stackoverflow, i have only found
> > contradictory and somewhat out of date information. Would really
> appreciate
> > some help on this.
> >
> > Best,
> > Praveen.

GfK SE, Nuremberg, Germany, commercial register at the local court Amtsgericht Nuremberg HRB
25014; Management Board: Peter Feld (CEO), Christian Bigatà Joseph (CFO). Supervisory Board
Chairman: Ralf Klein-Bölting. This email and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information. Please note that unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution
of the material in this email is not permitted.