airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Johan de Braak <johan.de.br...@eleaf.com>
Subject Failing Tasks Indication
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 09:27:33 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to make airflow mark tasks as failed when an exception is raised. I have saved
a python script to disk which I would like to run with the BashOperator like this:

import sys
def myfunc(a):
    if a == True:
        return
    else:
        raise Exception

if __name__ == '__main__':
    try:
        myfunc(False)
    except:
        sys.exit(1)

When running code like this, I would expect that I would see a red circle (indicating failure)
in my overview since the except part is excecuted. However, I see dark green indicating that
the task was a succes. Could anyone explain how to make the tasks indicate it when they failed?

Thanks in advance,

Johan de Braak
Data Analyst

Huisstijl en plaatjes\Huisstijl\LOGO ELEAF High Res.jpg]

johan.de.braak@eleaf.com<mailto:johan.de.braak@eleaf.com>
eLEAF Competence Center * www.eleaf.com<http://www.eleaf.com/>
This message is intended for the exclusive use of the person(s) mentioned as recipient(s)
and may contain personal and/or confidential information. If you have received this message
in error, please notify the sender and delete this message from your system immediately. Directly
or indirectly copying, disclosing, distributing, printing, publicizing and/or in any way using
this message or any part thereof by any means is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended
recipient(s). This message and any associated attachments cannot be deemed as legally binding
under any circumstances without the express written consent from eLEAF(c). eLEAF(c) is not
responsible for any loss and/or damages arising from any errors and/or omissions in its e-mail
messages. Reference to the own general terms and conditions by the other party is explicitly
rejected by eLEAF(c). Please read our general terms and condition on http://www.eleaf.com/legal.
P You save 200 ml of water, 2g of CO2 and 2g of wood per page: Please print only if it is
really necessary.