airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash_airflowl...@firemirror.com>
Subject Re: Installation of Airflow
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2018 10:28:39 GMT
If you want to use system installed modules (such as os-packaged py libs) the other thing you
can do is `pip install --user apache-airflow` which will install into ~/.local/bin and ~/.local/lib
etc. This is automatically in the python search path ahead of the system paths for the user

(This is what we do)

-ash

> On 26 Jan 2018, at 08:41, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Installation under a different user works fine in a virtualenv. You can also install
system wide and run as normal user (that is how we run it currently).

> Bolke
>
> Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
>
>> Op 25 jan. 2018 om 23:21 heeft Pullagura, Kalyan <kpullagura@paypal.com.INVALID>
het volgende geschreven:

>> Hi
>> Did you guys ever figure out the following or your suggestions would be much appreciated.
>>

>> 1.  Installing Airflow application without ‘root’ user. If using root user, not
to use system libraries for all the required python modules instead redirecting to a different
location.
>> 2.  Installing Airflow using a local user or having an Airflow package itself with
all the installation and all I have to run is a rpm or some install file.