airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Weil <mw...@newrelic.com>
Subject Cleared tasks don't activate DAG Runs
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2017 22:46:14 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to bulk clear a single task through all of history for one of
our DAG runs so only that task re-runs. Usually, when I clear a small
number of tasks, this will automatically activate all the DAG runs as well
and the cleared tasks run just fine. However, when I clear this task going
back for the entire history of the DAG (about 360 DAG runs in this
particular case), most (but not all) of the DAG runs remain in "completed"
state. When I try to manually mark them all as Running via the DAG Runs UI,
they all flip back over to Success immediately even though there are
uncompleted tasks within all of them.

Has anyone ever seen this behavior before? Any tips on how to force Airflow
to pick up all these cleared tasks to rerun them? This is on Airflow 1.8.0.

Thanks!

--
Marc Weil | Lead Engineer | Growth Data (GAME) | New Relic