airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Riccomini <criccom...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SAML2.0 authentication for airflow
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2017 19:14:30 GMT
Hey Vincent,

> When you say "we're going to be moving over to it", do you mean that it's
in the official roadmap?

Yes. We first discussed RBAC back in August:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/31bbf40f256bc469e578aa4098d631e9aa3e644bf555309e3729bcfc@%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

We then had a meeting to discuss the work, which was advertised in the dev@
mailing list.

Since then, Joy Gao has been working on updating the webserver:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/a95c0c307d68d2a5196705987b3d80788882e74b4106908da8bff83c@%3Cdev.airflow.apache.org%3E

And has presented on the topic at the last SF bay area Airflow meetup.

The plan is to merge this webserver into master before 1.10 is released
(i.e. in the next month or two). From there we would eventually deprecate
and remove the legacy UI.

Cheers,
Chris