airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Hadjigeorgiou <andyxha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Redshift operation examples
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2017 19:22:18 GMT
Hello,

If you are looking for querying Redshift clusters, PostgresOperators and
PostgresHook is what you are looking for. Here's the docs
<https://pythonhosted.org/airflow/code.html#airflow.hooks.PostgresHook> for
both. If you are looking to manage Redshift clusters, right now you'd have
to use boto3 by hand (there is not currently a hook for managing Redshift
clusters). I'm working on a RedshiftHook based on this ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/AIRFLOW/issues/AIRFLOW-1695>, but
it's awaiting PR#2532
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2532> (moving s3 hook to
boto3).