airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Niels Zeilemaker <ni...@zeilemaker.nl>
Subject Sensors
Date Mon, 23 Oct 2017 07:30:29 GMT
Hi Guys,

I've created a Sensor which is monitoring the number of files in an
Azure Blobstore. If the number of files increases, then I would like
to trigger another dag. This is more or less similar to the
example_trigger_controller_dag.py and example_trigger_target_dag.py
setup.

However, after triggering the target DAG I would want my controller
DAG to start monitoring the Blobstore again. But since the schedule of
the controller DAG is set to None, it doesn't continue monitoring. I
"fixed" this by adding a TriggerDAG which schedules a new run of the
Controller DAG. But this feels a bit like a hack.

Does someone have any experience which such a continuous monitoring
sensor? Or know of a better way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Niels