airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Phillips <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Mesos Marathon support in Airflow
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2017 14:26:27 GMT
Hi Niranda

> I know Airflow currently supports Mesos executor, but may I know if it
> supports Mesos Marathon? The idea is to use Airflow to run task as a
> container orchestrator.

Could you explain in a bit more detail what you mean by "Airflow
supporting Marathon"? Airflow certainly runs *inside* Marathon happily
enough (that's how we're running it in prod), but from what you write
I'm assuming that you're thinking about Airflow creating and managing
*other* Marathon applications?

Given that Marathon manages long-running, non-scheduled tasks and
Airflow seems aimed more at running terminating sequences of tasks on a
schedule, where do you see the potential overlap/integration
opportunity?

Regards

ap