airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Proposal: Set Celery 4.0 as a minimum as Celery 4 is unsupported
Date Sat, 16 Sep 2017 15:35:51 GMT
Hi,

Some refactoring of the Celery config is underway and as some of the options have changed
between Celery 3 and 4 I have asked the question whether Celery 3 is still supported. Apparently
it is not (https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258 <https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258>).

As Celery 3 is also 2 major releases behind I propose to set Celery 4.0 as a minimum supported
version with Celery 4.1 being the recommend version. I think this is also important as we
do see some intermittent issues with Celery that are reported to us but are, most likely,
issues in Celery. I don’t want to take care of those as they are difficult to debug.

I would like to do this per 1.9.0. The 1.8.X branch can still support Celery 3.

Cheers
Bolke