airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Set Celery 4.0 as a minimum as Celery 4 is unsupported
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2017 09:39:40 GMT
ping.

I'd like some more feedback.

Cheers
Bolke

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

> Op 16 sep. 2017 om 17:45 heeft Ash Berlin-Taylor <ash_airflowlist@firemirror.com>
het volgende geschreven:

> +1 from us, we're running on Celery 4.0.2 in production on Airflow 1.8.2 (4.1 wasn't
out when we started and haven't upgraded in prod yet)

>> On 16 Sep 2017, at 16:35, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Some refactoring of the Celery config is underway and as some of the options have
changed between Celery 3 and 4 I have asked the question whether Celery 3 is still supported.
Apparently it is not (https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258 <https://github.com/celery/celery/issues/4258>).

>> As Celery 3 is also 2 major releases behind I propose to set Celery 4.0 as a minimum
supported version with Celery 4.1 being the recommend version. I think this is also important
as we do see some intermittent issues with Celery that are reported to us but are, most likely,
issues in Celery. I don’t want to take care of those as they are difficult to debug.