airflow-dev mailing list archives

From David Klosowski <dav...@thinknear.com>
Subject Stuck Tasks that don't report status
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 18:21:25 GMT
Hi Airflow Dev List:

Has anyone had cases where tasks get "stuck"?  What I mean by "stuck" is
that tasks show as running through the Airflow UI but never actually run
(and dependent tasks will eventually timeout).

This only happens during our deployments and we replace all the hosts in
our stack (3 workers and 1 host with the scheduler + webserver + flower)
with a dockerized deployment.  We've been deploying to the worker hosts
after the scheduler + webserver + flower host.

It also doesn't occur all the time, which is a bit frustrating to try to
debug.

We have the following settings:

> celery_result_backend = Postgres
> sql_alchmey_conn = Postgres
> broker_url = Redis
> exector = CeleryExecutor

Any thoughts from anyone regarding known issues or observed problems?  I
haven't seen a jira on this after looking through the Airflow jira.

Thanks.

Regards,
David