airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jawahar Panchal <jpanc...@hawk.iit.edu>
Subject Re: AIRFLOW-1258
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2017 19:27:28 GMT
Hi again to the list - now that 1.8.2 is out - would it be possible to merge this for 1.8.3?

> On Jul 26, 2017, at 3:07 PM, Jawahar Panchal <jpanchal@hawk.iit.edu> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 26, 2017, at 2:25 PM, Bolke de Bruin <bdbruin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Can you explain what is solved by the patch? It only seems to set a empty default
value?

>> If that solves it it also seems to be a bug with celery. Or did you set some options?
That would be great to share.

> Apologies - forgot to include that the config option that was set via BROKER_TRANSPORT_OPTIONS
was the visibility_timeout which I configured to >1d in seconds. So not sure if that is
something that should be set in the config template with a sane default (say 1d), or if it
should just be documented and the config should be left with empty broker_transport_option
json.

> Cheers,
>

>> Bolke
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On 26 Jul 2017, at 19:44, Jawahar Panchal <jpanchal@hawk.iit.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Howdy - wanted to provide an update - the following patch applied manually to
a clean 1.8.1 install addressed the issue:

>>> https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2143 <https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2143>
>>>
>>> We have confirmed/verified this with jobs running over multiple hours on our
instance - so the above pull request can close both of the below:

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-966 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-966>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258>
>>>
>>> As I have seen further discussion on 1.8.2 with the final build not being tagged
yet (iirc), would it be possibly to merge this for the 1.8.2 release? As it currently is,
someone using Airflow+Celery will have a broken configuration for long-running jobs - would
the dev team consider this major/critical enough to include?

<mailto:alex.guziel@airbnb.com.invalid>> wrote:

> [...]
earlier top-posting, got a bit excited that I might have found the issue, and of course lack
of sleep results in one doing terrible, terrible things… :)

:)