airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolving the GPL Licensing issues with Unidecode
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 15:57:14 GMT
Oh that is a nice catch. Obviously option 3 is the easiest to get this resolved so it might
be worth a try. This could be done by stating that the Apache Foundation and its lawyers disagree
with the assessment the author makes. I even think, but ianal, that python-slugify is not
compliant (you would need a LGPL version of unidecode for that).

Another option is to convince the author of unidecode to release under a dual license as was
the case with the original Perl module (perl artistic and gpl). This might be difficult though:
https://github.com/avian2/unidecode/issues/9

Probably the best option is 1. We should move to a webpack/yarn/npm setup anyway. However
this might be a bigger effort than you are up to.

Bolke

Sent from my iPhone

(e.g. https://github.com/kmike/text-unidecode).
though, but it might be worth a new try (see https://github.com/un33k/python-slugify/issues/7)