airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Jawahar Panchal <jpanc...@hawk.iit.edu>
Subject Re: AIRFLOW-1258
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2017 20:15:22 GMT
Hi again!

> On Jul 16, 2017, at 3:22 AM, Alex Guziel <alex.guziel@airbnb.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I think this may be related to a celery bug. I'll follow up with more
> details later.

Just replying back to the note earlier in the thread - apologies for the earlier top-posting,
got a bit excited that I might have found the issue, and of course lack of sleep results in
one doing terrible, terrible things… :)

Any idea if my suspicion around the 1h default visibility timeout between celery/redis is
the culprit?

> On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 12:56 AM Jawahar Panchal <jpanchal@hawk.iit.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am currently running a couple of long-running tasks on a
>> database/dataset at school for a project that results in behavior/log
>> output similar to what was flagged in this bug:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258 <
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1258>
>>
>> Wasn’t sure if anyone on the list had seen anything similar, or would know
>> what I can do to possibly debug further/patch. As it takes 1hr to test a
>> change, needless to say any pointers from the dev team on the right
>> direction to look within the codebase would be much appreciated! :)
>>
>> Thanks in advance for everyone’s/anyone's time and help - am not an
>> Airflow expert, but am hopefully learning quickly enough to help resolve
>> this issue (if I am ‘barking up the right tree’ with this bug number…)
>>
>> Cheers,

Cheers,