airflow-dev mailing list archives

From George Leslie-Waksman <geo...@cloverhealth.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Airflow 1.8.2 based on Airflow 1.8.2 RC2
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2017 21:40:52 GMT
I hope that it's not too late for me to chime in but there is a breaking
change in the behavior of LatestOnlyOperator.

The change was introduced in
PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/2365
Change: 333e0b3 [AIRFLOW-1296] Propagate SKIPPED to all downstream tasks

Prior to this change, the LatestOnlyOperator would skip direct downstream
but not indirect downstream; now it skips indirect downstream.

This breaks the use of LatestOnlyOperator with TriggerRules that do not
propagate skips.

--George