airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Conrad Lee <con...@parsely.com>
Subject [AIRFLOW-1428] Skipped tasks deadlock dag runs
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2017 09:21:36 GMT
I've run into issues in dag runs where skipped tasks cause the dag to
deadlock.  I think the deeper issue here is an airflow community issue:
there has been an unresolved debate around which trigger rule should
propagate skipped tasks.

If you're interested in the problem, check out AIRFLOW-1428
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-1428>. I've

   - provided a minimal example
   - dug through the source code exploration for the root cause, and
   - documented bits of the community debate

I don't want to write up a PR until we've somehow decided on the desired
semantics/behavior-- is there a core committer who could own the decision
making process here?

Thanks,
Conrad