airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Robin" <Robin.Mil...@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
Subject Re: logging config
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 08:41:03 GMT
Hi Luke,

The work in that PR was done by me and one of my colleagues. Unfortunately, we don't have
time at the moment to be working on this further, but I'd be happy to answer any questions
about what we've done there if it would help you pick this up and move it forwards.

I agree that having more powerful configuration would be good and that what's in that PR is
likely insufficient, but it was a first pass to try and make a single point from which the
configuration could be controlled in code, regardless of how the desired configuration was
pulled into the system.

It's worth mentioning that this work is quite a few months out of date now, as that PR has
been sat unreviewed since last year, so there will certainly be a fair amount to do, resolving
merge conflicts and getting any new code into the same state (i.e. using logger objects that
inherit from the Airflow logger object).

Regards,
Robin Miller
OLIVER WYMAN
robin.miller@affiliate.oliverwyman.com<mailto:robin.miller@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
www.oliverwyman.com<http://www.oliverwyman.com/>

________________________________
From: Luke Rohde <lrohde@quartethealth.com>
Sent: 23 May 2017 02:09:29
To: dev@airflow.incubator.apache.org
Subject: logging config

Hi - I'm wondering if there are any hooks for configuring airflow's
loggers. A scan of source didn't really yield anything too promising and I
saw in a PR Bolke said something about logging being broken so I'm assuming
what I gathered is correct, and that's there are no knobs to turn except
for logging level.

If this is indeed the case, has anyone worked on a proposal for remedying
this situation? I'd be willing to help if not, or if someone else wants to
pass the torch. Naively, it seems like we could make a lot of progress by
starting with the work in this PR
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1921/files> and altering
the implementation to use dict config
<https://docs.python.org/3/library/logging.config.html#logging.config.dictConfig>
in
favor of bespoke options in airflow.cfg.

Thoughts? I can take a crack at implementing the above if committers think
this is a reasonable approach.

-Luke

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received
this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message
and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing
or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return
e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.