airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "EKC (Erik Cederstrand)" <...@novozymes.com>
Subject Custom DAG name?
Date Wed, 03 May 2017 13:05:53 GMT
Hi all,

I have created a DAG, 'my_dag', that will always be triggered manually, and will always receive
a unique ID from the command-line, specifying the entity the DAG must process. The DAG may
be triggered hundreds of times a day.

In the Airflow UI, the DAG will show up everywhere as 'my_dag', which is not very relevant
to me. A single DAG run may run for several days, so I want to easily look up specific DAG
runs using the ID, to check the status of that DAG run. But the ID only shows up in the log
file, so to find the status of a specific DAG run, I need to open every DAG run and check
the log file. That is very cumbersome when there are hundreds of simultaneous DAG runs.

What are my options if I want to improve this situation?

Kind regards,

Erik