airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Release Manager for 1.8.2?
Date Sun, 14 May 2017 11:44:39 GMT
Hi Folks,

With 1.8.1 we have very much improved the reliability airflow, which is great as many new
features entered 1.8.0 and the gap from 1.7.1 was huge. What is also great is that we are
slowly but surely increasing the test coverage which mitigates some of the risk of regressions
going forward. As you know the 1.8.X releases will continue to focus on improved reliability,
performance improvements and minor feature updates. The 1.9.X release cycle, which should
start around September, will allow for larger feature updates.

I expect 1.8.2 not to have too many PRs, so it will be a relatively simple release process:

1. Apply bug fixes
2. Add performance fixes
3. Fix some outstanding Apache requirements (Author, Licensing etc)

The process of creating a distribution has been detailed by Chris here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Releasing+Airflow
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Releasing+Airflow>

Now we just need a volunteer (preferably from the committers) to be the Release Manager for

Who is willing to take this on and make history?

Regards,
Bolke