airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Robin" <Robin.Mil...@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
Subject Unit Test Failures
Date Wed, 08 Feb 2017 12:18:41 GMT
Hi All,

On a couple of my open PRs, I've been having trouble getting the units tests to run successfully,
not because there's a test failure, but because Travis is reporting that the unit test log
has become too large:

"

The log length has exceeded the limit of 4 MB (this usually means that the test suite is raising
the same exception over and over).

The job has been terminated

"

I've taken a look through the log and there's nothing obviously stuck in a loop; there are
tests starting and passing pretty much to the bottom of the file.

Has something changed that means that the tests generate much more output? Or have we just
reached a tipping point where we have too many tests for TravisCI to handle? For whatever
reason this seems to be mainly happening for Python3 with MySQL or Postgres as the backend
(see here for examples: https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-airflow/builds/199160045)

I don't believe this is caused by the tests I've added, as I don't believe it's even reached
them in this run: https://api.travis-ci.org/jobs/199160051/log.txt?deansi=true

I appreciate any input on this,

Robin Miller
OLIVER WYMAN
robin.miller@affiliate.oliverwyman.com<mailto:robin.miller@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
www.oliverwyman.com<http://www.oliverwyman.com/>

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received
this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message
and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing
or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return
e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.