airflow-dev mailing list archives

From "Miller, Robin" <Robin.Mil...@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
Subject Airflow Logging Updates
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 10:56:07 GMT
Hi All,

A while ago we took over this issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-409, which
revolved around avoiding making changes to the root python logging configuration so as to
avoid any accidental side effects that this could produce in other python applications.

The approach we decided on was to avoid use of the root logger entirely and produce a single
configuration point for the logging to allow it to be configured pretty much however is desired
in one place (with currently fairly simple options, but this could be made as complex or configurable
as desired with changes to only a single file).

As you might expect this affects a lot of the code, as it requires changing every log statement
that's contains "logging.Info", "logging.Error", etc.

The pull request for this, https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1921, has been
open for almost 2 months now and unsurprisingly now has merge conflicts. We'll happily clean
these up, but would prefer to do so at the time this is being reviewed, otherwise more will
inevitably appear.

So I'm wondering, is this issue/pull request likely to get any attention soon? Or is this
change simply unwanted?

Thanks,

Robin Miller
OLIVER WYMAN
robin.miller@affiliate.oliverwyman.com<mailto:robin.miller@affiliate.oliverwyman.com>
www.oliverwyman.com<http://www.oliverwyman.com/>

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged. If you received
this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should destroy the e-mail message
and any attachments or copies, and you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing
or using any information contained herein. Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return
e-mail. Thank you for your cooperation.