airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Arpan Dhandhania <ar...@infoworks.io>
Subject Canceling a DAG run
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:35:46 GMT
Hi folks,

We have been using Airflow to run ETL jobs but sometimes require to cancel a DAG run. Since
I could not find a way to cancel a DAG run (from CLI or UI), we are using a crude work-around
that is to cancel the tasks that are running and thus failing the DAG run.

What I expect (and I might be wrong here) is that there should be a way to cancel a DAG run
which would send a SIGTERM signal to the running tasks and after they are terminated, the
DAG run should go into a “canceled” or “finished” state.

Is this something that others find useful as well or am I missing something?

Arpan Dhandhania
e: arpan@infoworks.io
m: +91 782 939 5618

—
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left
to take away.