airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Airflow 1.8.0 BETA 3
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2017 22:15:06 GMT
Hi All,

I have made the THIRD beta of Airflow 1.8.0 available at: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/> , public keys are available
at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/airflow/>
. It is tagged with a local version “apache.incubating” so it allows upgrading from earlier
releases. This beta is available for testing in a more production like setting (acceptance
environment?).

I would like to encourage everyone  to try it out, to report back any issues so we get to
a rock solid release of 1.8.0. When reporting issues a test case or even a fix is highly appreciated.

Issues cleared:

* Manual trigger not working
* Performance issues with MySQL
* Postgres auto-commit support left over to the driver
* Poison pill taken while task has exited
* Keep cgroups optional
* Funcsigs pinned to 1.0.0

Issue(s) remaining (blocker for RC):
* Cgroups not py3 compatible

If all goes well we should have a Release Candidate on Feb 2. Thanks for reporting issues
and keep on testing please :). Moving towards RC I tend to like small bug fixes only. When
we mark RC (do we need to vote on this?) the procedure becomes even more strict. Please remember
that the FINAL release is dependent on a vote on the IPMC mailinglist.

Cheers
Bolke