airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 3
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2017 21:20:14 GMT
Hey Jeremiah,

I probably have fixed the issue: see https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1978
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/pull/1978> . It seems to be an issue in
how MySQL does locking. See also: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23615641/why-am-i-getting-deadlock-in-mysql
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23615641/why-am-i-getting-deadlock-in-mysql>

Please review,

Bolke

a look. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-738 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-738>
.

> Fixed issues
> * Regression in email
> * LDAP case sensitivity
> * one_failed task not being run: now seems to pass suddenly (so fixed?) -> need to
investigate why
> * Email attachments
> * Pinned jinja2 to < 2.9.0 (2.9.1 has a confirmed regression)
> * Improve time units for task performance charts
>
> Pending features:
> * DAG.catchup : minor changes needed, documentation still required, integration tests
seem to pass flawlessly
> * Cgroups + impersonation: clean up of patches on going, more tests and more elaborate
documentation required. Integration tests not executed yet
> * Schedule all pending DAG runs in a single scheduler loop: no progress (**)
> * Add execution_date to trigger_dag
>

> If the pending features are merged within a reasonable time frame (except for **, as
no progress currently) then I am planning to mark the tarball as Beta and only allow bug fixes
and (very) minor features. Hopefully end of next week.