airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Hanneli Tavante <hannel...@gmail.com>
Subject Question - Initializing temp directories
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 20:03:27 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to run the `test` CLI command for a task involving the
HiveCliHook. This task created a temp directory on /var/folders. However, I
noticed `test` command does not initialize the temp folder required for
this and my task fails for `test` (File Not Found, referring to the temp
file HiveCliHook creates), but it works for `run`.
(
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/blob/5933fca1cc3fef3248a44004f233f6213395811e/airflow/bin/cli.py#L577
;
compare with `run` command).
Should test initialize the directory?
I personally think it should, so we would be able to use test command for
HiveHooks.
(I am also volunteering for opening a PR).

Thanks!