airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Boris Tyukin <bo...@boristyukin.com>
Subject Re: Good jinja templating in airflow examples
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 19:31:10 GMT
Hi Guilherme,

I guess it depends what exactly you want to do as not everything works with
jinja.

>From documentation:

https://pythonhosted.org/airflow/concepts.html#jinja-templating

You can use Jinja templating with every parameter that is marked as
“templated” in the documentation.

You can open source code for operators and see what parameters are actually
templated.

For example, if you open source code for BashOperator
https://pythonhosted.org/airflow/_modules/bash_operator.html#BashOperator
you will see this line of code:
template_fields = ('bash_command', 'env')

It means only bash_command and env will work with jinja templates.