airflow-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Alex Van Boxel <>
Subject Re: Airflow 1.8.0 Alpha 1
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2017 07:51:54 GMT
Hey Bolke,

thanks for getting this moving. But I already have some blockers, since I
moved up master to this release (moved from end November to now) stability
has gone down (certainly on Celary). I'm trying to identify the core
problems and see if I can fix them.

On Sat, Dec 31, 2016 at 9:52 PM Bolke de Bruin <> wrote:

Dear All,

On the verge of the New Year, I decided to be a little bit cheeky and to
make available an Airflow 1.8.0 Alpha 1. We have been talking about it for
a long time now and by doing this I wanted bootstrap the process. It should
by no means be considered an Apache release yet. This is for testing
purposes in the dev community around Airflow, nothing else.

The build is exactly the same as the state of master (git 410736d) plus the
change to version “1.8.0.alpha1” in

I am dedicating quite some time next week and beyond to get a release out.
Hopefully we can get some help with testing, changelog etc. To make this
possible I would like to propose a freeze to adding new features for at
least two weeks - say until Jan 15.

You can find the tar here: <> . It isn’t signed. Following versions
will be. SHA is available.

Lastly, Alpha 1 does not have the fix for retries yet. So we will get an
Alpha 2 :-). @Max / @Dan / @Paul: a potential fix is in <> , but your feedback
is required as it is entrenched in new processing code that you are running
in production afaik - so I wonder what happens in your fork.

Happy New Year!


_/ Alex Van Boxel

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message