airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Arvind Nedumaran <arvindamir...@gmail.com>
Subject Programatically generating DAGs
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 11:28:30 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm new to Airflow and I'm evaluating it for implementation at our org. I
find that there are a lot of use cases where workflows are not known during
development. Is there a way to programatically generate, and manage DAGs.

Better yet, is there a way to manage them directly from a DB instead of
generating them from templates and managing them as files. We're about to
spend considerable time implementing this, so I just want to know about the
various existing options.

Does it help if the tasks are pre-defined and the DAGs only happen to be
some permutation of the pre-existing tasks?

Anybody who's tried something like before, I'd be grateful for any input on
this issue.

Thanks,
Arvind