airflow-dev mailing list archives

From Bolke de Bruin <bdbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 3
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2017 19:14:52 GMT
Dear All,

I have made Airflow 1.8.0 alpha 3 available. Again no Apache release yet - this is for testing
purposes.

https://people.apache.org/~bolke/ <https://people.apache.org/~bolke/>  . Tarball is
signed.

Blockers:

* XCom throws an duplicate / locking error (new - confirmed) -> Jeremiah is taking a look.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-738 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AIRFLOW-738>
.

Fixed issues
* Regression in email
* LDAP case sensitivity
* one_failed task not being run: now seems to pass suddenly (so fixed?) -> need to investigate
why
* Email attachments
* Pinned jinja2 to < 2.9.0 (2.9.1 has a confirmed regression)
* Improve time units for task performance charts

Pending features:
* DAG.catchup : minor changes needed, documentation still required, integration tests seem
to pass flawlessly
* Cgroups + impersonation: clean up of patches on going, more tests and more elaborate documentation
required. Integration tests not executed yet
* Schedule all pending DAG runs in a single scheduler loop: no progress (**)
* Add execution_date to trigger_dag

If the pending features are merged within a reasonable time frame (except for **, as no progress
currently) then I am planning to mark the tarball as Beta and only allow bug fixes and (very)
minor features. Hopefully end of next week.

Have a good weekend!
Bolke